RAZOR BUMPS: HERE'S THE DEAL
Razor bumps and ingrown hair start with a genetic tendency toward extremely curly hair. The irregular shape of curly hair shafts and the curls themselves make hairs prone to pushing back into the surface of the skin as they regrow after being cut. This genetic factor makes ingrown hair and razor bumps very common in men of African or Indo-European descent.
In addition to genetic factors, there are a few things that can happen during shaving that make you more likely to have an outbreak of razor bumps. When the hair shaft is dry, it’s much harder for your razor to cut, leading to more tugging and pulling. Not only is this uncomfortable, but it also can cause the hair tips to be cut at an angle, making it even easier for the hair to penetrate back into the skin as it grows and increase your risk of a razor bump outbreak.
TIPS FOR MINIMISING RAZOR BUMPS WHILE SHAVING:
1. CLEANSE: SET UP FOR SUCCESS. Cleanse your skin with FINO MAN Face Wash and warm water before you shave. This step is crucial to removing dirt and oil from the surface of the skin, and releasing trapped hairs, allowing your razor to make proper contact with your skin and hair.
2. SHAVE: LET THE RAZOR DO THE WORK. Shave with gentle strokes, and let your razor do the heavy lifting. Shave regularly to avoid allowing the hair to grow long enough to re-enter the skin’s surface. Using a razor with multiple high-quality blades helps to minimise razor bumps after your shave.
3. MAINTAIN: USE A POST SHAVE BALM. Shaving can remove more than just hair—moisture can also be removed, leaving the skin dry, tight, and irritated. Use FINO Soothe MAN after shaving to help replenish moisture and protect against irritation, itchiness and bumps.
4. BUMPS: COMBAT STUBBORN BUMPS. After shaving, apply FINO MAN Bump Control to the affected areas on your face, neck or head to reverse the look and feel of razor bumps.
5. BEARD GROOMING: USE A BEARD OIL. For a groomed and moisturised beard, apply FINO MAN Beard oil daily after trimming or shaving. Our non-greasy formula will help groom, moisturise and style your beard. Don't forget to trim your bead to ensure that groomed look and make sure you remove your 'neck-beard' as this allows for a crisp outline where the beard and skin meet.