Great news! All FINO
products are considered Essential Items during lockdown and are available at
Clicks Dis- Chem and PicknPay
Its lockdown and not a holiday from your usual beauty routines and especially not from your usual body hair removal!
If you regularly remove body hair please keep it up. If you normally go to a salon you’ll need to find ways of doing this routine at home. And for some it will mean to use a dreaded razor as shaving is still the world’s number one method of hair removal.
You’re going to have to protect against INGROWN HAIR, redness, itchiness and tender skin and that’s where FINO Soothe WOMAN comes in. This aftercare balm is full of natural enzymes and vitamins and is designed for all skin types and tones. It protects against ingrown hair and red tender skin after any form of hair removal. This fragrance free formulation is Dermatologically Tested and can be used anywhere on the body. Bonus!! It also protects against itchiness with new hair growth.
FINO Cosmetics has compiled a list of Shaving Tips to leave you hair-free and silky smooth without the discomfort!
- Exfoliate before shaving to lift hair – exfoliation helps rid the skin of dead cells, so that your razor doesn’t get clogged up with them, but by lifting the hair, it also allows you to get a closer shave.
- Change your blades / razor regularly – to ensure a smooth shave, be sure to replace your razor (if it’s disposable), or blades, regularly. Old blades are ineffective and more likely to cause irritation, or trap bacteria.
- Don’t shave as soon as you hit the shower – allowing the steam / water to soften hair and open up the hair follicles will make getting a close shave easier.
- Don’t dry-shave – no matter what the circumstances, it’s never a good idea to shave dry skin! Applying a moisturising shaving cream will allow the razor to glide ea sily over your skin and you’ll avoid getting nicks and cuts. Dry-shaving causes irritation and will almost always leave you with painful cuts.
- Keep the temperature moderate – hot water scalds the skin and causes dehydration, so make sure the temperature is moderate when you shave.
- Make sure your razor is right for you – there are so many different razors on the market, and like with skincare products, everyone has their favourite. If you’re not 100% happy with yours, shop around until you find your favourite. There’s no point in settling for second best.
- Limit your pressure – razor blades are designed to cut hair across a flat surface. If you press the razor onto your skin, you’ll “dent” the skin, creating an uneven surface, which makes shaving more difficult. Plus, the harder you press, the more likely you are to nick the skin.
Remember to always apply FINO Sooth woman after shaving and all forms of hair removal.
All FINO products are considered as an Essential Items during this time and are available at Clicks Dis-Chem PicknPay
Remember to stay happy and healthy during the lockdown, it is important to continue with normal routines as much as possible and to practice self-care, do your best to brush your hair and teeth and not stay in pajamas the whole day. Quarantine does not mean putting yourself or your health on hold.
This lockdown period may have you feeling hopeless, let’s all try to take care of our mental and physical health and the health of those around us as best we can.
Here are some important contacts if you need help during the lockdown period:
- Coronavirus Hotline - 0800 029 999
- Suicide Helpline - 0800 567 567
- SAPS Crime Stop - 0860 10111
- GBV Command Centre 0800 428 428 / *120*7867#
- Woman Abuse Helpline 0800 150 150
- Child Line 0800 055 555
FINO is Available @Clicks, Dis-Chem, select PicknPay and salons